The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
American Airlines has round-trip flights from Houston (IAH/HOU) to Hong Kong (HKG) for $471 with a connection. Flights February to early-May.
Note: If you made the mistake of booking this for a higher price today, you should be able to cancel and re-book your flight at this lower rate as long as you booked through an OTA that allows 24-hour free cancellation.
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Travelocity) Feb 16 – Feb 22 / Feb 20 – Feb 27 / Feb 22 – Mar 01 / Mar 01 – Mar 08 / Mar 07 – Mar 14 / Mar 15 – Mar 22 / Mar 22 – Mar 29 / Mar 29 – Apr 05 / Apr 05 – Apr 12 / Apr 12 – Apr 19 / Apr 19 – Apr 26 / Apr 26 – May 03 / Other dates: Most other days of the week available, but midweek is your best bet.
- There is a good chance Delta, United, Eva Air and other airlines will match this sale as they have in the past. Before you finalize your purchase, use BookingBuddy to see if any other website or airline is offering a better deal.
- If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
- Avoid booking on the sites that link through Momondo. We often receive reports of tickets and prices NOT being honored by the agents and sites that they link to.
This fare allows stopovers in Japan for $120 extra. If you’re wanting to spend a week in both Hong Kong and Tokyo you may want to try booking this as a “Multi-City” itinerary for $594 (Try it on Priceline):
- Mar 08: IAH-TYO (fly to Tokyo spend a week there)
- Mar 15: TYO-HKG (fly from Tokyo to Hong Kong, spend a week there)
- Mar 22: HKG-IAH (fly from Hong Kong back to Houston)
- Note: Open-jaw allowed between TYO and KIX if you feel like exploring multiple cities in Japan.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to price this fare on Priceline, and it should be available on all the other booking sites. Screenshot taken at 6:19 PM on 12/27/16.
If you plan on booking a hotel, use our travel coupon codes to save up to 15% to 20% off. Alternatively, you may be able to save the most money by booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package on Priceline, Orbitz, or Travelocity.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Travelocity, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancellation” next to the button to purchase the ticket.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
- Documentation: Passport required.
- Full Route: IAH-DFW-HKG-DFW-IAH
- Previous Lowest Price Average: Hong Kong: $597
- Book this fare on: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
- (Left blank by administrator)
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Dallas / Ft. Worth (DFW / DAL).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR / JFK / LGA), Los Angeles (LAX / SNA / BUR / LGB / ONT), Chicago (ORD / MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).