[05/22/2014 @ 3:25 PM] This fare is still available here: Orbitz.
[06/18/2014 @ 8:22 PM] Fare decrease $855 on Korean Air.
[07/01/2014 @ 8:17 PM] United, and ANA offer this route for about $865 with 100% mile accrual and two stopovers.
[07/07/2014 @ 3:30 PM] Delta is also offering this at $868.
[08/05/2014 @ 11:18 PM] Most of the good airfare with short single stops are no longer available at a discount. Removing from deal list until good airfare becomes available.
Cheap flights to Manila (MNL) from Houston (IAH) are on the cheap right now. Round-trip flights are $877 and require a stop in Seoul (ICN). Carrier is Korean Air, one of my favorite airlines. Mileage accrual on a Q Fare is 70% if you’re using Korean Air’s loyalty program. If you try to use Delta SkyMiles: 0%. If you fly the Korean Air flight, you’ll have a three hour layover in Incheon (ICN).
ICN is probably one of the nicest airports to have a 3 hour stop, free showers, and Korean Air lounge access is $25/$35 depending on which one you use. They will also provide free city tours of Incheon if you have enough time. Lots of good places to sleep too.
Fare has a really nice stopover component:
- FOR Q- TYPE FARES NOTE – GENERAL RULE DOES NOT APPLY. UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT AT USD 100.00 EACH. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY.
- UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED UNLIMITED TRANSFERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT DOMESTIC FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT DOMESTIC EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.
“Unlimited” stopovers tend to be limited by some other fare rule, but I’m pretty sure you can turn the Incheon (ICN) layover into a long stopover if you’re wanting to visit Seoul. That being said: I’ll probably write an itinerary idea that involves this fare, I love using stopovers.
I’ve been wanting to get out to the Philippines for a while now, and this has been one of the best fares I’ve seen in a while.
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Availability: Flights almost every weekday from the end of August until the end of November.
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – MNL
- Example Dates: Wed September 17th – Wed September 24th
- Carrier: Korean Air
- Fare Class: Economy (Q)
- Fare Basis Code: QLX50BSP
- Mile Accrual: 70% (Korean Air) / 0% (Delta) / 100% (United)
- Stopover: Unlimited, $100 per.
- CPM: 7.2 (12152 Miles after reduction)
- Full Route: IAH – ICN – MNL
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Dallas / Ft. Worth (DFW / DAL).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR / JFK / LGA), Los Angeles (LAX / SNA / BUR / LGB / ONT), Chicago (ORD / MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).