[05/22/2014 @ 4:14 PM] This fare was last seen alive on Orbitz.
[06/16/2014 @ 11:50 AM] Removed from deal list. Fare lacks good routing options and doesn’t accrue miles.
Japan flights are on sale right now thanks to the new routing options and increased competition for flights by Air China and Korean Air. They’re doing a pretty good job of beating United on most of these routes over the past few months.
It will probably be a better deal to use Tokyo or Osaka as a stopover rather than a round-trip. Learn more about stopovers in this post: [How to use stopover rules when buying airfare].
Round-trip flights are going for $910 on to either Tokyo (NRT / HND) or Osaka (KIX) which is a pretty good price when you consider that United has the same route priced at an astronomical $1884 for a non-stop.
Carrier is Air China. Route requires a 3 or 4 hour stop-over in Beijing (PEK).
Note: The fare class on this Air China flight is “Economy Superdeal” which means you will earn 50% to 0% of the miles for this trip depending on the fare code on your ticket. If we value the lost miles at about 1.5 cents each then we’re missing out on a potential $124 – $248 value. Keep this in mind if miles matter to you.
Relevant Coupon Codes for Travel:
- Orbitz.com: LINK TO COUPON CODE: Save 15% to 20% Hotels. On Orbitz, scroll page to “Today’s Top Deals” for the coupon-code.
- CheapTickets.com: LINK TO COUPON CODE: Save 15% to 20% Hotels.
- Southwest Vacations: LINK TO COUPON CODES:Various coupons for Southwest Flight+Hotel packages.
- Availability: Flights almost every weekday from the end of August until the end of November.
- Note: There is reduced mile accrual for this fare class!
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – NRT / HND or KIX
- Example Dates: Wed September 17th – Wed September 24th.
- Carrier: Air China
- Fare Class: Economy Superdeal
- Mile Accrual: 50%
- CPM: 10.97 (8292 miles)
- Full Route: IAH – PEK – (KIX / NRT / HND)
Click [Active Deals] on the Main Menu to bring up all the deals that have been verified as still valid and bookable.
Consider following us on Twitter for real time tweets on travel deals such as this one.