[06/11/2014 @ 8:17 PM] This fare was last seen here: Orbitz , Expedia
[06/12/2014 @ 12:43 PM] Itinerary details updated to use KLM instead of Lufthansa / Air Canada for better mile accrual.
[09/10/2014 @ 4:26 PM] Price dropped to $765, from $802.
Note: This route will no longer be actively monitored. From a pure CPM basis, flights from Houston to Cairo will always seem deal-worthy. If this route isn’t on a Lufthansa / United sale, it will be on a KLM / Delta / Air France sale. If it’s on neither of those, you can get it for about $650 on Turkish. I’m leaving this as an “active deal” indefinitely. I will not send out notifications unless the route falls below $650 round-trip.
It looks like Delta (with KLM / and Air France) is on a roll this evening. Cheap flights to Cairo, Egypt (CAI) are showing up at $802 for round-trip flights from Houston (IAH). No stopover component found in the fare basis rules, but you should always double check. I may have missed something. United and Air Canada seem to be handling the bulk of the traffic.
EDIT: I’m seeing IAH-AMS-CAI marketed and operated by KLM now for $802 on “V” fares. (Same dates as before). Delta SkyMiles Award providing 100% on those fares. So 14112 miles, CPM 5.82. United also provides 100% for “K” fares, Air Canada only provides 100% on “K” fares for international leg of the trip. Lufthansa is 0%. It’s probably best to book as KLM operated, and use Delta SkyMiles account for point accrual. Thanks to all that provided insight on this: sbbutler93, Argonaut1000, and SoroSuub1
Visa on arrival for US Citizens, 30 days max. You’ll need to talk to the consulate if you’re trying to go past that. The US State department probably has everything you need to know about documentation:
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Hotels.com coupon code page – Check this page on Hotels.com to save about 10% on your next Hotel booking.
- Availability: Lots of availability. Mostly starting at the end of October until the start of December.
- NOTE: Visa issued on arrival. 30-day max stay. US Citizens.
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – CAI
- Example Dates: November 19th – November 26th
- Carrier: KLM
- Fare Basis Code: VLOR5US
- Fare Class: V
- Mile Accrual: 100%
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 5.82 (14112 miles)
- Full Route: iah – ams – cai – ams – iah
- Open this itinerary on: Expedia, Orbitz
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Southwest Vacations, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Dallas / Ft. Worth (DFW / DAL).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).