[06/26/2014 @ 1:59 AM] Open this itinerary here:
[06/30/2014 @ 3:13 PM] Price has increased by $19 to $837.
[07/16/2014 @ 7:28 PM] United is no longer offering this route, but American Airlines is for $837.
[07/21/2014 @ 8:11 PM] Removed from deal list. No one is offering this fare at a good price right now.
It’s rare to see a cheaper flight from Austin (AUS) to Hong Kong (HKG) than out of Houston (IAH) but apparently it happens now and then. Flights from Austin (AUS) to Hong Kong (HKG) are $818 round-trip, 1-stop. United is the operating the flight. To make things even nicer, the fare has a free open-jaw and a stopover component:
- United: 2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT – 1 IN EACH DIRECTION AT USD 100.00 EACH. NONE IN GUAM. PERMITTED IN AREA 3.
I hope by now you’re familiar with stopovers and know their potential. If not, it’s time to catch up. Start here: [How to use stopover rules when buying airfare].
You can bet that I’ll be writing a itinerary idea article on this either tonight or tomorrow morning. A United Hong Kong (HKG) fare with a stopover component and free open-jaw is like music to my ears man.
Update: United is no longer offering this fare at a discount, but American Airlines is. They have a stopover component as well, but the cities aren’t as interesting as the United stopover rule:
- American: 1 STOPOVER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION IN LAX/DFW/CHI/ BOS/ NYC/SFO/SAN AT USD 100.00 EACH.
WikiTravel is a good resource of destination information:
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Hotels.com coupon code page – Check this page on Hotels.com to save about 10% on your next Hotel booking.
- Availability: Lots. Try midweek flights from September until the middle of 2015.
- Documentation: Just your passport. If you want to visit mainland China, you’ll need to get a Tourist visa. More details: US State Department: Hong Kong.
- Departure and Destination Airports: AUS- HKG
- Example Dates: September 3rd – September 9th
- Carrier: United
- Fare Basis Code: KLX04CM4
- Fare Class: K
- Mile Accrual: 100%
- Stopover component: two: one each direction for $100 each.
- CPM: 4.75 (17203 miles)
- Full Route: AUS – ORD – HKG – SFO – AUS (mileage runners will probably use EWR here)
- Open this itinerary on:
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Southwest Vacations, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Dallas / Ft. Worth (DFW / DAL).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).