[07/30/2014 @ 8:36 PM] It appears that the price has increased to $91 for some sites offering breakfast. Booking.com still has it at $83 but doesn’t appear to offer free breakfast.
Some of you have been asking me for suggestions on places to stay in St. Lucia and I’ve been reluctant to say anything because I’ve never been there. I don’t endorse properties that I can’t vouch for. What I can do though, is offer up ideas on places that I perceive to be a good value. So, keep this in mind as you read this post.
The Coco Palm Resort is offering rooms from September to mid-Decembher with either a king size bed, or two double beds starting at ~$83 per night. Which is pretty nice for what you get: Free Breakfast, Free WiFi, Reduit Beach, and proximity to a lot of local shops, bars, and restaurants. The rooms being offered at the discount rate are the resort’s “Kreole Standard Room”
without with free breakfast. There are a multitude of room options, which will cost more depending on how fancy it is.
Hotels.com now one-ups the original Booking.com deal. They offer the same price, same room details, but add in free complimentary breakfast. Getting a free breakfast can seriously save you some cash. If you apply a coupon code you can take an additional 10% off! CODE: JUL1410NA : 10% off Hotels. Book by 7/27/14, Travel By 9/28/14. After applying the coupon code, the rate was $74.25!
Update: Expedia and Hotels.com now offer the September to mid-December dates, with complementary breakfast included, but as of 07/30/2014 the price has increased to $91. Congrats to those that got it on Hotels.com with the coupon code.
Other months cost a bit more, but Coco Palm seems to be consistently inexpensive. I’ve reserved four rooms for my friends and I who will be visiting St. Lucia in 2015. The rooms I booked are the newer “Garden View” rooms. I paid $110 before taxes / fees with complementary breakfast included.
Keep in mind that these bookings allow for free cancellation as long as you do it by a set date before arrival. In the Hotels.com example, you could cancel the reservation for free Until November 26th. Free cancellation is a really nice thing since you can sit on good deals like this one, and then switch to a better deal if you see one come around.
This deal pairs nicely with the currently discounted airfare from Houston (IAH) to St. Lucia (UVF). If you were to split hotel costs with another person, that would put the per person, per night cost at $41.50 a night. Pair that with $200 airfare and a party of two should be able to do seven nights in St. Lucia for about $490 per person airfare+resort before room tax.
If you’re looking for September flight availability, try this: Flight to St. Lucia Nov 28 – Dec 4: (Open on Orbitz) (Open on AA.com). Note: The itinerary requires overnight stopovers in Miami (MIA) for each direction. I haven’t figured out how I want to handle those overnights in Miami for my own trip yet, but I’ll update this post once I get that sorted out.
For more details check out the external links below.
- Official Website: Coco Palm Resort
- TripAdvisor: Coco Palm Resort
- Hotels.com: Coco Palm Resort
- Expedia.com: Coco Palm Resort
Flight Deal Link:
Relevant Coupon Codes for Travel:
- Orbitz.com: LINK TO COUPON CODE: Save 15% to 20% Hotels. On Orbitz, scroll page to “Today’s Top Deals” for the coupon-code.
- CheapTickets.com: LINK TO COUPON CODE: Save 15% to 20% Hotels.
- Southwest Vacations: LINK TO COUPON CODES:Various coupons for Southwest Flight+Hotel packages.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Bookingbuddy, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Southwest Vacations, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, TACA, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
- [Escape Houston on Twitter] – get real time tweets on travel deals such as this one.
- [Subscribe to Escape Houston] – get an e-mail newsletter and notification whenever a new flight deal is posted.
- [Follow Escape Houston on Facebook] – the best way to keep in touch with us, other than this blog.
- [Follow Escape Houston on Google+] – If you are on Google+ please add us to your circle. We have virtually no following there.