Today, Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) launches non-stop service to Stavanger, Norway (SVG) with a business only 737-700. There are only 44 business class seats on this plane, with no economy seating at all. Flights are nonstop, daily except Tuesdays.
“The route we have established is a tailored product for a defined market with particular travel needs,” said Rickard Gustafson, president and CEO of SAS.
SAS has entered into a “wet lease” agreement with the company PrivatAir, which furbishes this special version of the Boeing 737-700. The aircraft will carry SAS’s distinctive colors and logo.
A business class only route is pretty cool, and while it clearly caters to the Oil and Gas business population, having more routes out of Houston is a good thing.
More details here: http://www.flysas.com/en/us/unconnected-pages/houston
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Southwest Vacations, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Dallas / Ft. Worth (DFW / DAL).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).