[05/22/2015 @ 9:18 PM] Open this itinerary here: Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity,
[05/23/2015 @ 8:35 PM] Use Orbitz or Expedia. Priceline and the others are now pricing higher.
[05/27/2015 @ 12:32 AM] This is probably ending soon. I’m no longer able to pull it up on Orbitz or AA.com.
Expedia still seems to have it. Fare gone.
American Airlines is offering round-trip flights from Houston (IAH / HOU) to Tokyo (NRT), Beijing (PEK), and Shanghai (SHA) starting at $621. Flights August to December. This sale seems to be in retaliation to the United sale out of Dallas (DFW) to the same destinations.
The example dates and details will be using Tokyo (NRT) as the destination. If you’re wanting Bejing or Shanghai, just switch out the airport codes during your search.
Here are a few inexpensive Tokyo hotels that I’ve stayed in and I like: Hotel Monterey Hanzomon / Hotel Asia Center of Japan / Hotel Niwa Tokyo / Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo. Of the four, Niwa and the Monterey Hanzomon were pretty awesome. Hotel Asia Center was very inexpensive, but rough around the edges. Metropolitan Tokyo was in the coolest location and close to major metro and rail lines.
I was able to book the Hanzomon in September for $85 a night after all fees and taxes by using a 20% off coupon code. If you’re going to book, either book it as a package and then apply a coupon code for $150 off, or wait for another 20% off coupon to get published by Cheaptickets (they release them every few weeks). Relevant coupon codes are always at the bottom of each deal post.
When you are ready to book, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
When you begin your search for a Hotel or Vacation Rental in Tokyo please use our TripAdvisor: Tokyo link to find a good place to stay. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Be sure to make use of any coupon codes for Hotels that may be available at the bottom of this post.
- Availability: See calendar. Flights August to December 01. Most flights available SUN-THU. Best bets are TUE-THU Departures/Returns.
- Documentation: Passport required. More details: US State Department: Japan
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – NRT
- Example Dates: TOKYO (Expedia) Aug 26 – Sep 02 / Aug 31 – Sep 14 / Sep 17 – Sep 24 / Oct 07 – Oct 21 / Oct 13 – Oct 22 / Nov 17 – Dec 01 / Dec 01 – Dec 21
- Example Dates: SHANGHAI (Orbitz) Sep 03 – Sep 10 / Sep 08 – Sep 15 /
- Example Dates: BEIJING (Orbitz) Sep 03 – Sep 10 / Sep 08 – Sep 15 /
- Carrier: American
- Fare Basis Code: OLX3N8N1
- Fare Class: O
- Mile Accrual: 100%
- Stopover component: meh.
- CPM: 4.66 (13854 miles)
- Full Route: IAH-DFW-NRT-DFW-IAH
- Previous low price: $880 @ 08/27/2014 — $869 @ 2/20/15 — $706 @ 4/7/15 — $680 4/24/15
- Open this itinerary on: Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity,
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Dallas / Ft. Worth (DFW / DAL).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR / JFK / LGA), Los Angeles (LAX / SNA / BUR / LGB / ONT), Chicago (ORD / MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).