[09/02/2014 @ 9:45 PM] Open this itinerary on: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire.
[10/16/2014 @ 1:07 PM] Price has increased to $1238. Removed from deal list.
[10/21/2014 @ 6:56 PM] Sale is back on. Price has dropped back to $836.
[12/06/2014 @ 9:29 AM] Price has increased to $1200. Removed from deal list.
Round-trip airfare from Houston (IAH) to Rome, Italy (FCO) is $836 on several Oneworld airlines (British Airways, American and US Airways). Fare has one layover. No stopover component allowed on the fare.
Note: (expired) Turkish Airways also is offering a route there with long stopovers in a better economy product (more legroom, better airline, better service) but without mileage accrual. If you’re not obsessed with miles, their flight is about $100 cheaper. Turkish Airways also has a transit program where they offer a free tour of Istanbul of a free Hotel stay for long stopovers, more details on that program are here: [Free hotel stay or tour of Istanbul on Turkish Airways layovers].
While this is a good price for a round-trip flight to Rome, you may want to check out this post: [Ideas: Houston to Istanbul and Milan and Rome for $779 + $49 rail?], it uses a fare that has a stopover component in the rules and allows you to visit either Milan or Venice as the stopover.
If you’re going to travel to Venice, you should probably pick up a Rail pass and hit Venice, Florence and Milan. Link to Rail Europe.
When you begin your search for a Hotel or Vacation Rental in Rome please use our TripAdvisor: Rome link to find a good place to stay. When you are ready to book, please use our links to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Be sure to make use of any coupon codes for Hotels that may be available at the bottom of this post.
- Availability: 3 day advance purchase. Ticket before Oct 29. Available for flights into Mid 2015. Standard holiday blackout dates. See calendar above for examples.
- Documentation: Passport required. More details: US State Department: Italy
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – FCO
- Example Dates: (expedia) Jan 26 – Feb 02
- Carrier: British Airways
- Fare Basis Code: OLA3Q5G1 (BA / AA) / RLWET3EU (US)
- Fare Class: O / R
- Mile Accrual: 100%
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 7.9 (11028 miles)
- Full Route: IAH – LHR – FCO – LHR – IAH
- Open this itinerary on: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire.
Relevant Coupon Codes for Travel:
- Orbitz.com: LINK TO COUPON CODE: Save 15% to 20% Hotels. On Orbitz, scroll page to “Today’s Top Deals” for the coupon-code.
- CheapTickets.com: LINK TO COUPON CODE: Save 15% to 20% Hotels.
- Southwest Vacations: LINK TO COUPON CODES:Various coupons for Southwest Flight+Hotel packages.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Bookingbuddy, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Southwest Vacations, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Dallas / Ft. Worth (DFW / DAL).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).