[06/20/2014 @ 5:51 PM] Open this itinerary here: Expedia, Orbitz.
[09/25/2014 @ 1:19 PM] Price has dropped to $996, was $1029.
[10/07/2014 @ 1:43 PM] Fare gone. Other airlines are offering this route for cheaper.
I’ve been seeing a few Bangkok deals pop up recently, but I didn’t feature them here because you would have to deal with two layovers on the way there and two more on the way back. I’m featuring this deal because it will get you there with one layover for about the same price. Basically, I’m not going to feature a two-stop deal to Bangkok out of Houston unless it’s less than $900.
United Airlines and ANA are offering round-trip flights from Houston (IAH) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1029 with a short layover in Tokyo, Narita. The fare rules say that you can do the standard United / ANA stopover in Japan for $100 each way, but when I tried to put together an itinerary that spent a week in Tokyo before going to Bangkok it was pricing it several hundred dollars higher than it should. If I find a way to do a multi-city trip I’ll create a new post.
Note: The calendar here shows October – November, but this fare is available for travel until April 2015.
When you begin your search for a Hotel or Vacation Rental in Bangkok please use our TripAdvisor: Bangkok link.
- Availability: Ticket before Sep 30. Lots of availability until April 2015. Flights on almost any day. December / New Year blackout.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – BKK
- Example Dates: Oct 16 – Oct 27
- Carrier: United
- Fare Basis Code: KLE0ZMM0
- Fare Class: K
- Mile Accrual: 100%
- Stopover component: two stopovers. one each direction for $100 each. Japan.
- CPM: 5.4 (19064 miles)
- Full Route: IAH-NRT-BKK-NRT-IAH
- Open this itinerary on: Expedia, Orbitz.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
- Travel and Airline Credit Cards: Cardratings.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)