[10/30/2014 @ 10:27 PM] Open this itinerary on: Orbitz.
[11/26/2014 @ 10:12 AM] Removed from deal list. Fare gone. 🙁
A few days ago, I mentioned in a post that flights from Houston (IAH) to Singapore (SIN) were available via Korean Air + Cathay Pacific for $623 round-trip and that it had ridiculously long layovers and reduced mileage accrual on Korean Air. That fare allows stopovers for $100 each, which means that you could easily take the long layovers and turn them into stopovers. This will allow you to spend several days (or a week) in each city and really makes the itinerary much more interesting that just visiting Singapore on a regular round trip.
Converting the layovers into stopovers to create a multi-city itinerary is pretty easy on Orbitz. Be sure to select Cathay Pacific and Korean Air as your preferred airline and select “Multi-City” for your flight instead of “Round-trip”.
A working example of this itinerary is available here: Orbitz link.
When you begin your search for a Hotel or Vacation Rental in please use our TripAdvisor link to find a good place to stay. When you are ready to book, please use our links to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Be sure to make use of any coupon codes for Hotels that may be available at the bottom of this post.
- Availability: Lots. Try midweek flight segments in November and December.
- Documentation: Passport required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – ICN + SIN + HKG
- Example Dates: (Orbitz) Nov 25 – Dec 06 – (multiple cities)
- Carrier: Korean Air + Cathay Pacific
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual: 70% – 100% depending on carrier.
- Stopover component: multiple. $100 each.
- CPM: 4.31 (19865 miles)
- Full Route: iah-icn-sin-hkg-iah
- Open this itinerary on: Orbitz.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
- Travel and Airline Credit Cards: Cardratings.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
this is exactly what I am looking for but instead of Singapore, I want to go to PEN (Malaysia), and I need to go in May 2015, any recommendations?
Unfortunately, this fare isn’t available for flights in May, also, the reason why this works is due to Cathay’s and Korean’s stopover rules. I think it will be really hard to find a fare which will allow a free (or inexpensive) stopover in PEN.
I’ll have to research this and get back to you.
Thanks!! I really appreciate all your work on this blog.