[05/11/2013 @ 04:48 PM] This fare was last seen alive on Delta.com. Available for May.
[05/11/2013 @ 04:48 PM] This post is a modification on an earlier post covering this route.
[05/30/2013 @ 03:48 PM] This fare no longer seems available.
Round-trip flights from IAH to BUD are showing up as only $680 right now. This is significantly less than the average cost of this route, which fluctuates between $950 to $1400. Delta and KLM are the carriers and the fare seems valid from now until the end of May. Itinerary may require an overnight stop-over in Amsterdam.
I setup an example itinerary which includes a 14 hour overnight stop-over in Amsterdam on the way back. You can book this route without the overnight stop-over, but if I were to take this trip, this is how I would do it. I wouldn’t mind wandering around in Amsterdam, and putting up in a Hotel to keep things interesting on the way back home. It’s up to you of course, I’m just throwing that out there just in case you wanted another stamp in the passport.
- Availability: Availability in May for most departures leaving on the 18th through the 24th.
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – BUD
- Overnight Stopover: May require one in AMS on return itinerary.
- Example Dates: Thursday May 23 – Wednesday May 29
- Carrier: Delta and/or KLM
- Full Route: IAH – DTW – AMS – BUD – AMS – IAH
- CPM: 5.91
- Not Found on: Expedia, CheapTickets, Orbitz, Hotwire
- Seen on: Delta.com
Hitting Budapest and Amsterdam for $680 sounds pretty awesome and there’s nothing stopping you from catching the train from Budapest into Vienna, Austria while you’re there. Just sayin’.
-R. P. Artemio 3-2-1 blast-off!