[06/19/2015 @ 1:49 PM] Open this itinerary here: Southwest Airlines, (Other Airlines: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookingBuddy).
[07/12/2015 @ 2:11 PM] Deal is still around.
[07/14/2015 @ 2:44 PM] There are very few JetBlue flights still available. Most days are United flights now.
[07/26/2015 @ 11:23 AM] Most availability is on JetBlue now, with very few cheap nonstop United flights.
[09/07/2015 @ 1:36 PM] Still available. United and JetBlue availability.
[09/10/2015 @ 6:33 PM] Price dropped to $157, was $177. More months available. More availability added. Updated post details.
[09/19/2015 @ 8:05 PM] Price dropped to $137 from $157. (Per Steve Dao)
[11/04/2015 @ 6:21 AM] JetBlue has a flight for $87 r/t now.
[11/26/2015 @ 3:37 PM] Still available… expect prices to fluctuate between $87 and $137. No more fares in December..
[12/22/2015 @ 4:45 PM] This deal has been around forever. Today, Southwest added some $39 one-ways in January, a new all-time low for this route.
[12/30/2015 @ 1:26 AM] Price has increased to $117, was available for $78 on some dates.
[01/07/2016 @ 1:56 PM] Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability of this deal can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
JetBlue, Southwest, and United are offering round-trip flights from Houston (IAH / HOU) to Boston (BOS) for $117, NONSTOP. Flights January to June 2016. Fare is reversible. Holiday Blackouts apply. Carrier will depend on the dates and airport selected. JetBlue flies out of HOU, United flies out of IAH. There are only a few United flights right now, but lots of Southwest and JetBlue available. See the Flight Details section of this post for example dates.
Note: Southwest is also offering flights for $59 each-way on most days.
Also, they have it for $39 one-way for a few dates in January.
Ideas: You may want to book this as two separate one-ways. Southwest offers a return flight with a later time-of-day than the JetBlue counterpart.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. If you plan on booking a Flight + Hotel package on Southwest then you should compare the package prices on Southwest Vacations. If you are planning to book your flight and hotel separately, then you’ll usually find a better selection of hotels with better prices at a hotel booking site like Hotels.com, Booking.com and CheapTickets.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Travelocity allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United and Delta also allow free cancellations within 24-hours while American only allows you to “Hold” a ticket (without paying) for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The Department of Transportation doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Availability: See Calendar. Best departure days marked green.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH or HOU – BOS
- Example Dates: JetBlue / United (Priceline / Orbitz) Jan 14 – Jan 19 / Feb 03 – Feb 09 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Example Dates: Southwest (Southwest) Jan 20 – Jan 23 / Other dates: Use the “Flexible Date” tool on Southwest Airlines.
- Carrier: JetBlue / United / Southwest
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual: Revenue based point systems.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 4.92 (3194 miles)
- Full Route: IAH-BOS-IAH
- Previous Lowest Price: $125 on 11/11/14.
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $153.
- Open this itinerary on: Southwest Airlines, (Other Airlines: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookingBuddy).
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Hotels.com coupon code page – Check this page on Hotels.com to save about 10% on your next Hotel booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Southwest Vacations, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Dallas / Ft. Worth (DFW / DAL).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).