[07/06/2015 @ 12:45 PM] Open this itinerary here: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets,
Expedia, Travelocity, BookingBuddy.
[07/06/2015 @ 7:13 PM] This fare has probably been removed. I’m not able to pull it up on any of the booking sites.
American Airlines has round-trip flights from Houston (IAH) to Tokyo (NRT) available for $709 with a connection. Flights from September to December. Sale ends today (July 06) unless extended by American. See the Flight Details section of this post for example dates.
Other destinations in Asia are part of this sale:
Here are a few inexpensive Tokyo hotels that I’ve stayed in and I like: Hotel Monterey Hanzomon / Hotel Asia Center of Japan / Hotel Niwa Tokyo / Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo. Of the four, Niwa and the Monterey Hanzomon were pretty awesome. Hotel Asia Center was very inexpensive, but rough around the edges. Metropolitan Tokyo was in the coolest location and close to major metro and rail lines.
I was able to book the Hanzomon in September for $85 a night after all fees and taxes by using a 20% off coupon code. If you’re going to book, either book it as a package and then apply a coupon code for $150 off, or wait for another 20% off coupon to get published by Cheaptickets (they release them every few weeks). Relevant coupon codes are always at the bottom of each deal post.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United and Delta also allow free cancellations within 24-hours while American only allows you to “Hold” a ticket (without paying) for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
Airlines are not required by the Department Of Transportation to allow free cancellations if the flight is less than 7-days away. Be careful when booking flights close to today’s date as some airlines will not allow a free 24-hour cancellation for those.
When you are ready to book, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
When you begin your search for a Hotel or Vacation Rental in Tokyo please use our TripAdvisor: Tokyo link to find a good place to stay. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Be sure to make use of any coupon codes for Hotels that may be available at the bottom of this post.
- Availability: See calendar. Ticket by July 06.
- Documentation: Passport required. More details: US State Department: Japan
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – NRT
- Example Dates: TOKYO (Priceline) Sep 15 – Sep 23 / Sep 21 – Oct 05 / Sep 03 – Sep 10 / Sep 28 – Oct 05 / Oct 06 – Oct 20 / Oct 21 – Oct 28 / Nov 05 – Nov 15
- Carrier: American
- Fare Basis Code: VFX0ZPJ0
- Fare Class: V
- Mile Accrual: 100%
- Stopover component: meh.
- CPM: 4.92 (14398 miles)
- Full Route: IAH-ORD-NRT-ORD-IAH
- Lowest Price Average: $984
- Open this itinerary on: Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity,
Relevant Coupon Codes for Travel:
- Orbitz.com: LINK TO COUPON CODE: Save 15% to 20% Hotels. On Orbitz, scroll page to “Today’s Top Deals” for the coupon-code.
- CheapTickets.com: LINK TO COUPON CODE: Save 15% to 20% Hotels.
- Southwest Vacations: LINK TO COUPON CODES:Various coupons for Southwest Flight+Hotel packages.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Bookingbuddy, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Southwest Vacations, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Virgin Atlantic, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, TACA, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
- [Escape Houston on Twitter] – get real time tweets on travel deals such as this one.
- [Subscribe to Escape Houston] – get an e-mail newsletter and notification whenever a new flight deal is posted.
- [Follow Escape Houston on Facebook] – the best way to keep in touch with us, other than this blog.
- [Follow Escape Houston on Google+] – If you are on Google+ please add us to your circle. We have virtually no following there.