[07/06/2015 @ 12:45 PM] Open this itinerary here: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets,
Expedia, Travelocity, BookingBuddy.
[07/06/2015 @ 7:13 PM] This fare has probably been removed. I’m not able to pull it up on any of the booking sites.
American Airlines has put several destinations in Asia on sale. Round-trip flights from Houston (IAH) to Hong Kong (HKG) or Shanghai (PVG) are $598-$633 with a connection. Sale ends today (July 06) unless extended by American. Flights and availability vary. See the Flight Details section of this post for example dates.
Tokyo is also on sale: [Cheap Flights: Houston to Tokyo $709 r/t – American].
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United and Delta also allow free cancellations within 24-hours while American only allows you to “Hold” a ticket (without paying) for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
Airlines are not required by the Department Of Transportation to allow free cancellations if the flight is less than 7-days away. Be careful when booking flights close to today’s date as some airlines will not allow a free 24-hour cancellation for those.
When you are ready to book, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
When you begin your search for a Hotel or Vacation Rental please use our TripAdvisor link to find a good place to stay. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Be sure to make use of any coupon codes for Hotels that may be available at the bottom of this post.
- Availability: See calendar. Ticket by July 06.
- Documentation: Passport required. More details: US State Department: Japan
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – NRT
- Example Dates: HONG KONG (Priceline) Sep 30 – Oct 06-08 / Oct 14 – Oct 27 / Oct 20 – Oct 27 / Oct 29 – Nov 11 / Nov 11 – Nov 18, 25 / Nov 25 – Dec 02, 09
- Example Dates: SHANGHAI (Priceline) Sep 30 – Oct 07 / Oct 14 – Oct 21 / Oct 21 – Oct 28 / Nov 04 – Nov 11, 18
- Carrier: American
- Fare Basis Code: OHE0C8G1 / OLX0O8O1
- Fare Class: O
- Mile Accrual: 100%
- Stopover component: meh.
- CPM: 4.92 (14398 miles)
- Full Route: IAH-DFW-NRT-DFW-IAH
- Lowest Price Average: Hong Kong: $735 / Shanghai: $885
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets,
Expedia, Travelocity, BookingBuddy.
- (Left blank by administrator, multiple destinations)
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Dallas / Ft. Worth (DFW / DAL).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR / JFK / LGA), Los Angeles (LAX / SNA / BUR / LGB / ONT), Chicago (ORD / MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).