[07/09/2015 @ 2:24 PM] Open this itinerary here: Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline,
Orbitz, CheapTickets, BookingBuddy.
[07/10/2015 @ 10:47 AM] Discount fares after August are gone. This deal will probably end soon.
[07/24/2015 @ 12:03 PM] Deal is back.
[07/24/2015 @ 3:11 PM] Priceline starting to sell out. If you don’t see the fare there, try Travelocity.
[07/25/2015 @ 7:11 PM] Very little availability left. Crossed out the dates that are sold out.
[07/26/2015 @ 10:41 AM] Deal gone. Fare expired / sold out.
Note: On some dates this is a combination of two fares on two separate airlines that are not part of the same alliance.
United and American Airlines are offering a round-trip fare from Houston (IAH) to San Francisco (SFO) for $177 with a connection. This only works on a very limited set of travel dates in August and September. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United and Delta also allow free cancellations within 24-hours while American only allows you to “Hold” a ticket (without paying) for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The Department of Transportation doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
Here’s an example booking screenshot from Travelocity. Other dates are available in the Flight Details section of this post.
- Availability: See Calendar.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – SFO
- Valid departure dates: Aug 18, 20, 25, 26
- Valid return dates: Aug 25-29 / Sep 01, 02
- Example Dates: (Travelocity)
Aug 20 – Aug 25-29/ use Travelocity: Aug 18 – Aug 25-29 / Aug 20 – Sep 01, 02/ use Travelocity: Aug 25, 26– Sep 01, 02
- Carrier: United / US Airways
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual: US/AA is 100%, United is revenue based.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 5.33 (3270 miles)
- Full Route: IAH-PHX-SFO-PHX-IAH
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $251
- Open this itinerary on: Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline,
Orbitz, CheapTickets, BookingBuddy.
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Hotels.com coupon code page – Check this page on Hotels.com to save about 10% on your next Hotel booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Southwest Vacations, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Dallas / Ft. Worth (DFW / DAL).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).