[10/29/2015 @ 5:50 AM] Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, CheapTickets, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
[10/29/2015 @ 2:09 PM] This fare is no longer showing up on most OTAs. It has most likely been removed by Delta.
Removing from deal list.
[10/31/2915 @ 9:43 AM] United is matching this now with NONSTOP flights.
[11/08/2015 @ 8:50 PM] Old post clean-up. This deal is gone. Removing from deal list.
The prices and details in this post were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability will eventually change, given enough time.
United is offering round-trip flights from Houston (IAH) to San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) for $230, NONSTOP. Flights limited to November 06 – Nov 19. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
Delta is offering this for +$5 with a connection.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Vacation Packages on Travelocity and Priceline are usually better than what is offered directly by the airline, so be sure to compare them all to get the best price.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United and Delta also allow free cancellations within 24-hours while American only allows you to “Hold” a ticket (without paying) for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The Department of Transportation doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Valid departure dates: November 10-16
- Valid return dates: November 10-14, 17
I was able to pull up this fare on Priceline, and it should be available on most of the major booking sites. Screenshot taken at 10:10 AM on 10/31/15. Prices and availability can and will change.
- Availability: See calendar.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight. Puerto Rico is a United States Territory.
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – SJU
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) Nov 13 – Nov 17 /
Nov 07 – Nov 10/ Nov 10 – Nov 17 / Other dates: Try Orbitz +/- 3-day search tool.
- Carrier: Delta / United
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class: G
- Mile Accrual: United is revenue based.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 6.98 (4014 miles)
- Full Route: IAH-SJU
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $387
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, CheapTickets, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
- WikiTravel: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- WeatherSpark: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Wikipedia: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)