[11/23/2015 @ 1:45 PM] Open this itinerary on: Priceline, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
[01/06/2016 @ 8:21 PM] Deal is back, and -$100 cheaper than before.
[03/19/2016 @ 9:00 PM] Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability of this deal can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
Turkish Airlines is offering round-trip flights from Houston (IAH) to Rome (FCO) for $598 with a connection. Flights from January to April. Holiday Blackouts apply. Fare class W has zero mileage accrual. Layover times will be between two to four hours. If you see anything longer than that, select different dates or flight times. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
Note: If you’re wanting to get out of Rome, you should probably pick up a Rail pass and hit Venice, Florence and Milan. Link to Rail Europe.
Note: Considering that United MileagePlus is revenue based and only earns 5 miles per dollar spent, zero mileage deals seem competitive now. If you value United miles at 1.5 cents per mile… It’s a benefit of only about $45 dollars. Not enough to beat the real value of cash for discount fares such as this one. Do you want pseudo-currency that you can only spend on future travel with United, or would you rather save cash, which can be spent anywhere. It’s really up to how you value and use miles, but I think in most cases, cash wins, especially when you want a pizza.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Vacation Packages on Travelocity and Priceline are usually better than what is offered directly by the airline, so be sure to compare them all to get the best price.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Travelocity allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United and Delta also allow free cancellations within 24-hours while American only allows you to “Hold” a ticket (without paying) for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The Department of Transportation doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Availability: See example dates section.
- Documentation: Passport required. More details: US State Department: Italy
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – FCO
- Example Dates: (Orbitz / Priceline) Jan 29 – Feb 05 / Feb 10 – Feb 17 / Feb 22 – Feb 29 / Mar 09 – Mar 16 / Apr 13 – Apr 20 / Other dates: Use the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Carrier: Turkish Airways
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class: W
- Mile Accrual: 0%
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 4.12 (14500 miles)
- Full Route: IAH-IST-FCO-IST-IAH
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $959
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Dallas / Ft. Worth (DFW / DAL).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).