[12/18/2015 @ 11:29 AM] Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy, Southwest Airlines.
[12/18/2015 @ 1:03 PM] Southwest also has fares now to Newark (EWR).
[01/05/2016 @ 1:46 PM] Southwest is offering this at $158 out of LGA.
[01/06/2016 @ 2:52 PM] United has dropped their price to $157 to match JetBlue and Southwest.
[01/07/2016 @ 9:20 AM] Fare increased from $157 to $197.
The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability of this deal can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
United has round-trip flights from Houston (IAH) to New York (LGA / EWR) for $157, NONSTOP. Flights from January to February 10th. Weekends are available. Fare is reversible. 14-day advance purchase required. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
Update: Southwest and JetBlue is offering this out of LGA / JFK, more details here: [Nonstop Flights: Houston to/from New York $158 r/t – Southwest].
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. If you’re booking your trip on Southwest, you should check out the Flight + Hotel packages on Southwest Vacations. Vacation Packages on Travelocity and Priceline are usually better than what is offered directly by United or JetBlue, so be sure to compare them all to get the best price.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United and Delta also allow free cancellations within 24-hours while American only allows you to “Hold” a ticket (without paying) for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
Southwest never charges a change or cancellation fee. If you cancel within 24-hours they will reverse the credit card charge. If you cancel before your flight, they will give you a travel voucher that you can apply for future travel valued at the full price you paid. Voucher isn’t transferable and expires after 1-year, but it beats getting hit with a change fee. Basically, what this means is when you see a good sale like this on Southwest, you can lock in the price. If it goes lower, call or cancel the ticket and re-book the better price.
The Department of Transportation doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Availability: See calendar.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH / HOU – LGA
- Example Dates: (Priceline /Orbitz) Jan 29 – Feb 01 / Jan 22 – Jan 25 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Carrier: JetBlue / United / Southwest
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual: Revenue based.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 6.96 (2832 miles)
- Full Route: IAH-LGA-IAH
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $245
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy, Southwest Airlines.
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Hotels.com coupon code page – Check this page on Hotels.com to save about 10% on your next Hotel booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Southwest Vacations, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Dallas / Ft. Worth (DFW / DAL).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).