[03/03/2016 @ 10:11 PM] Book this flight on: Google Flights, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
[03/04/2016 @ 11:27 AM]
Delta is now matching.
[03/04/2016 @ 8:42 PM] American is now matching.
[03/06/2016 @ 7:20 PM] Mostly sold out.
[03/07/2016 @ 8:24 AM] Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability of this deal can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
United and American Airlines have round-trip flights from Houston (IAH) to Tokyo (NRT) for $602 with a connection. Cheapest flights are midweek from April to early-May. For United flights, you must re-direct to United’s website from Google Flights, it is not available directly on any OTA or United’s website. For AA flights, you can book it on most websites normally.
Important. In order to get this deal to come up on United, you must do the following:
- Use Google Flights to price the ticket.
- Select midweek dates in April to early-May.
- On Google Flights, select Chicago (ORD) as the connecting airport.
- Select flights that have a connection in Chicago that is at least 2-hours long. Do not select NONSTOP flights.
- Redirect to United from Google Flights.
- Example Dates: United (Google Flights)
Apr 06 – Apr 13/ Apr 06 – Apr 20/ Apr 13 – Apr 20 / Apr 12 – Apr 19 / Apr 19 – May 03/ May 04 – May 11/ Other dates: Use Google Flights, and follow the instructions above.
- Example Dates: Delta / American (Priceline / Travelocity) Apr 14 – Apr 21 / Apr 19 – Apr 26 / Other dates: Use the +/- 3-day search tool on CheapTickets.
This deal has already been matched by AA and it may eventually get matched by other airlines. Before you finalize your purchase, use BookingBuddy to see if any other website or airline is offering a better deal on the dates you selected.
We recommend the following hotels, we’ve personally stayed in them and like them:
- Hotel Niwa Tokyo – Really nice place for the cost, you can usually find it for about $150 a night.
- APA Hotel Hanzomon Hirakawacho – Small room, but really cheap. You can sometimes find it for less than $100 a night. Good if you’re traveling alone. Not so good if you’re trying to share a tiny bed.
- Grand Hyatt Tokyo – Expensive, but if you have Hyatt points it’s worthwhile to use them here. Really nice place in Roppongi Hills.
- Hotel Monterey Hanzomon – My overall favorite, I can usually find it for about $100 a night, if you use the coupon codes for CheapTickets, you can usually get it for less than $85 a night. The rooms are small, but if you book the two bed twin room, it’s a lot of space for the price.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull this up on Google Flights which then allowed a re-direct to United’s website to book. Screenshot taken at 10:38 PM on 3/03/16. Prices and availability can and will eventually change.
If you plan on booking a hotel, use our travel coupon codes to save up to 15% to 20% off. Alternatively, you may be able to save the most money by booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package on Priceline, Orbitz, or Travelocity.
If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
- Availability: It’s kind of glitchy.
- Documentation: Passport required. More details: US State Department: Japan
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – NRT
- Carrier: United
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class: G / K
- Mile Accrual: United is revenue based.
- Stopover component: meh.
- CPM: 4.19 (14398 miles)
- Full Route: IAH-ORD-NRT-ORD-IAH
- Lowest Price Average: $960
- Book this flight on: Google Flights, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
Relevant Coupon Codes for Travel:
- Orbitz.com: LINK TO COUPON CODE: Save 15% to 20% Hotels. On Orbitz, scroll page to “Today’s Top Deals” for the coupon-code.
- CheapTickets.com: LINK TO COUPON CODE: Save 15% to 20% Hotels.
- Southwest Vacations: LINK TO COUPON CODES:Various coupons for Southwest Flight+Hotel packages.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Bookingbuddy, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Southwest Vacations, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Dallas / Ft. Worth (DFW / DAL).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).