The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability of this deal can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
It’s possible to get from Houston to Cabo San Lucas and back for $230, but you’ll need to book this as two separate one-way tickets on two different carriers.
United has departing one-way flights from Houston (IAH) to Cabo San Lucas (SJD) for $101, NONSTOP. American Airlines has returning one-way flights for $138, but with a connection, and Southwest has returning one-way flights for $130, NONSTOP, but keep in mind that Southwest flies out of Hobby (HOU). This will be a problem for those of you who aren’t dropped of / picked up / or using Uber to get to/from the airport.
United’s departing flights are on SUN/TUE/SAT. American’s returning flights are WED. Southwest’s returning flights are WED/THU.
- Example Dates: (CheapTickets / Orbitz) Apr 02 – Apr 06 / Apr 09 – Apr 13 / Apr 23 – Apr 27 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search tool on CheapTickets.
- We recommend that you buy Travel Insurance directly from the Insurance company rather than buying it through the Airline or Booking site because, the insurance policy that the airline will sell you will usually cost more, or have key protections missing. For example, United will try to sell you an Allianz travel insurance policy without Change Fee protection, or Missed Connection coverage; these are two of the most useful protections you can have. It makes more sense to go buy the same policy that United will try to sell you directly from Allianz, except when you buy it direct you can pick up Change Fee protection and Missed Connection coverage.
- Keep in mind that these are two separate one-way tickets, which means if you change both tickets, expect to incur two change fees.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
Fare availability screenshots were taken at 2:44 PM on 3/25/16.
- United Departing Flights:
- American Airlines Returning Flights:
- Southwest Returning Flights:
If you plan on booking a hotel, use our travel coupon codes to save up to 15% to 20% off. Alternatively, you may be able to save the most money by booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package on Priceline, Orbitz, or Travelocity.
If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Travelocity, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancellation” next to the button to purchase the ticket.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: IAH – SJD
- Carrier: United + American or Southwest
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual:
- Stopover component: none
- CPM: 8.29 (2990 miles)
- Full Route: IAH-SJD-PHX-IAH
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $288
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire.
- Lonely Planet: Travel Guides
- Wikipedia: Cabo San Lucas
- WikiTravel: Cabo San Lucas
- WeatherSpark: Cabo San Lucas
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Hotels.com coupon code page – Check this page on Hotels.com to save about 10% on your next Hotel booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Southwest Vacations, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the airfare posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Dallas / Ft. Worth (DFW / DAL).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).